IBPS PO Recruitment 2016
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous agency in India.In 2011, IBPS announced a Common Written Examination (CWE) for the recruitment of officers and clerks in Indian banks. From 2016, interviews have been omitted from the selection process.
The examination will be two tier i.e. the online examination will be held in two phases, preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Main examination
RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
Opening Date for On-Line Registration of Applications : 26-7-2016
Last Date for Completion of of On-Line Registration : 13-8-2016
Starting date for payment of application fee : 26-7-2016
Last Date for payment of application fee : 13-8-2016
Conduct of pre-exam training : 3-10-2016 to 8-10-2016
Download of admit card for preliminary exam : October 2016
Online Examination – Preliminary : 16.10.2016, 22.10.2016 23.10.2016
Result of Online exam – Preliminary : November 2016
Download of Call letter for Online exam : Main November 2016
Online Examination : Main 20.11.2016
Declaration of Result : Main December 2016
Download of call letters for interview : January 2017
Conduct of interview : January / February 2017
Provisional Allotment : April 2017
For official notification of IBPS PO recruitment click here
Number of Posts
Total number of posts for IBPS PO recruitment is 8822
Application fee for IBPS PO recruitment 2016
For general candidates Rs.600
Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Eligibility for the posts of IBPS PO recruitment 2016
Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate must be either – (i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v)
above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age for the posts of IBPS PO recruitment 2016
(As on 01.07.2016)
Minimum 20 years Maximum 30 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1986 and not later than 01.07.1996 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
1 Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe 5 years
2 Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) 3 years
3 Persons With Disabilities 10 years
4 Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment 5 years
5 Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 5 years 6 Persons affected by 1984 riots 5 years
Calculation of Percentage
The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any.
This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
For more details go with the official notification click here
The examination for the posts of IBPS PO in the year 2016 will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India. .
Cut-off Score (Online main examination)
Cutoff score for the posts of IBPS PO recruiitment 2016
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview.
How to apply
- Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CWE PO/MT” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES (CWE-PO/MT-VI)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- Candidates will have click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.
- They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form. Please note that if the samecannot be generated online transaction may not have been successful.
- After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees / intimation charges, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They shouldnot send this printout to the IBPS/ Banks.
Important books for the exam IBPS PO