Sandwiches have become one of the most sought out breakfast item and hence the rising importance of sandwich maker in every household. Also it saves you time, effort, space and offers you the perfect breakfast every day. With little to no maintenance, these serve as an effective tool for a healthy breakfast in no time.
Types of Sandwich makers
The sandwich makers have also undergone a multitude of changes with the evolving technology. They can be broadly classified into two types.
- 4 triangle model: This is the most common of the lot and is also the most popular in the Indian market. They generally have two slots for placing your bread, with square plates cut in middle to form equal triangles on both sides. They heat up the bread to make the best and tasty sandwiches in a jiffy.
- Panini press model: These are quite popular in the western countries than in India. It has a combination of a sandwich maker with grill and normal plates. All you need to do is place the bread in between the plain plates or the square grills and close the machine. The bread will be ready in minutes. These are also used for making pancakes, paninis, kebabs, patties, etc.
Factors to consider before buying a sandwich maker
With quite a few brands flooding the market, you need to know how to choose the right sandwich maker so that your day begins with a good breakfast. Here are some factors to bear in mind before buying a sandwich maker.
- Features: While the basic features like LED indicator, non stick coating, grill or plates for two breads, etc. will match among the sandwich makers, you can also look out for other features that makes it a more pliable one for you. For instance, you will find that the Prestige gives you bigger size plates for breads or that Nova gives you the temperature control option.
- Brands: Of course, the brand name does matter for you need something that will also provide you with a good service/maintenance post purchase. If you are looking for a good after sales service, go for trusted brands like Bajaj, Philips, Prestige, etc. It will do well for you to research and see the customer reviews on after sales support when you buy any product.
- Cost: This definitely will be your deciding factor. While the price range of many sandwich makers will be somewhat in the same range, do ensure that you get value for your money. If you are looking for the cheapest of the lot with all the required features, then you should check out the products from the brand Pigeon like Pigeon Egnite sandwich grill or Pigeon Grill toaster black.
Top 6 Sandwich Makers Brands in India
Let us now take a look at leading sandwich maker brands in the market.
Prestige: There are no second thoughts when it comes to this brand. With a non stick coating, these are quite easy to use and clean. Since it has a grill feature and a non stick coat, there is no need for you to use any oil and paves way for a healthy cooking. Completely safe for use and does not consume much power. It is also compact in size making it easy to fit into your kitchen. Also,
- Prestige is also one of the few brands which provide you with both a single and a double sandwich maker models in varieties.
- The griller models like the PGMFS and PGMFB will allow you to grill bread and other food items like fish, paneer, etc.
- The Prestige Electrical Commercial grill toaster is of stainless steel make for those who are looking for a non-plastic option.
You will find that Prestige gives you a product for every kind of requirement you have. A very common shortcoming in these products as cited by many customers is the length of the connection cord, which is quite short. This is a non-issue once you have an extension cord in place.
Philips: Perfect for your morning hustle to rustle up the best breakfast, this sandwich maker easily falls in the range of everyone’s budget. Elegantly designed, these sandwich makers come with nonstick coated plates like the many sandwich makers paving way for a hassle free cleaning. Along with this, the Philips brand also features,
- Push down lock system for a better closed cooking.
- Cord winder for keeping the cord tucked in.
- Anti skid feet to keep the machine from slipping on your countertop.
The only downside is that they don’t have an auto off feature. Again you can opt for other brands like Morphy Richards if required at a slightly higher price. But analysis shows that customers who have sandwich makers with auto off feature are not exactly happy about it. Otherwise, this brand is definitely a take home one for any household.
Nova: With fixed grill plates, these sandwich makers are quite easy to use and the separable plates in a few models just add on to the easy for removing the sandwiches once done. The nonstick coating only aids further in cleaning and now making flame broiled, delectable sandwiches is quite easy. Some of the other features include easy to wind up cord and the less space consumption with the vertical storage option. The temperature control knob that you find with Nova sandwich makers are quite innovative and is not found in every brand.
The only problem with this brand is that it is designed for every kitchen but the plug in point suits only European household. This is easily solvable with a suitable adapter and is definitely not a showstopper.
Bajaj: Constructed only in premium materials of supreme quality, the sandwich makers from Bajaj also come with easily detachable plates. Designed to keep your attention riveted on them, these sandwich makers come with a covering plate of nonstick material ensuring that the bread stays in the contraption as it gets toasted. And the handle is made to be cooler to touch even when the bread is quite hot. The other features like anti skid feet, cord winder and 2 year warranty period are a standard in every sandwich maker from Bajaj. Easy to lift around for it is made of fiber plastic, they are easily portable with the handle.
There aren’t any negative comments or reviews on this brand other than a few where the product received was not up to the mark. To avoid such instances, it would do good to order from a reputed and authorized dealer.
Morphy Richards: If you are looking for some affordable sandwich makers then Morphy will definitely top the list with unbelievable features in this price range. It does require a little maintenance to ensure the longevity of the product but nevertheless it has completely bedazzled the customers with the ready to cook features and compact stature. While they are slightly on the expensive side, they give value for money and can give you a uniformly cooked and grilled sandwich in no time. There is also a preheat option which makes it easy for you to cook faster.
The only flipside to these amazing sandwich makers are that they are not equipped to multitask which again is not a big issue if you are only looking to make sandwiches grilled or plain.
Pigeon: User friendly and safe, this is a perfect addition to any kitchen table. There are no limitations on the kind or variety of bread you can use in this machine and with the nonstick coating it is quite easy to clean. Elegantly designed these come with a light indicator for once the task is completed. Preheating option is another factor that works considerably in favor of these sandwich makers. These are the most affordable of the entire range of sandwich makers in the country and they offer you quite the value for the price you pay. They also come with a 1 year warranty.
The only fact you need to bear in mind is that they could be slightly cumbersome to work with larger breads and if you are looking for every day prolonged use, then this plastic body might give in early than usual.
Whatever be the brand you buy, one has to remember that they do so from a reputed, authorized and well recognized dealer. If not, you might end up with a cheaper product that will not live up to your expectations. Also make sure that when you buy you get the warranty card for products like Pigeon, Nova, etc. to ensure that your investment is protected. Choose the machine wisely and begin the day with a healthy breakfast every day.